Archive for Movies
Steve Carell, Jennifer Garner and Dylan Minnette star in the family comedy Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, based on the acclaimed children’s book by Judith Viorst. 11-year-old Alexander (Oxenbould) experiences the most terrible and horrible day of his young life—a day that begins with gum stuck in his hair, followed by one calamity after another.
- Release Date: October 10, 2014
- Studio: Walt Disney Pictures
- Genre: Comedy, Adaptation
- Director: Miguel Arteta
- Screenwriter: Rob Lieber
- Cast: Steve Carell, Jennifer Garner, Dylan Minnette, Ed Oxenbould, Kerris Dorsey, Megan Mullally, Jennifer Coolidge, Bella Thorne
- Running Time: 1 hr. 20 min.
- MPAA Rating: (PG) for rude humor including some reckless behavior and language.
- Official Website: Disney.com/Alexander
Disney’s “Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day” follows the exploits of 11-year-old Alexander (Ed Oxenbould) as he experiences the most terrible and horrible day of his young life—a day that begins with gum stuck in his hair, followed by one calamity after another. But when Alexander tells his upbeat family about the misadventures of his disastrous day, he finds little sympathy and begins to wonder if bad things only happen to him. He soon learns that he’s not alone when his mom (Jennifer Garner), dad (Steve Carell), brother (Dylan Minnette) and sister (Kerris Dorsey) all find themselves living through their own terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. Anyone who says there is no such thing as a bad day just hasn’t had one.
Watch Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day Movie Trailers:
Keanu Reeves, John Leguizmo and Michael Nyqvist star in the action thriller John Wick. An ex-hitman (Reeves) comes out of retirement to track down the gangsters that took everything from him. From the producer of ‘Clash of the Titans’ and ‘The Town’ comes a tale of adrenaline-fueled revenge and redemption.
- Release Date: October 24, 2014 (Theaters, IMAX)
- Studio: Lionsgate
- Genre: Action, Thriller
- Director: David Leitch, Chad Stahelski
- Screenwriter: Derek Kolstad
- Cast: Keanu Reeves, Michael Nyqvist, Alfie Allen, Adrianne Palicki, Dean Winters, Bridget Moynahan, Ian McShane, John Leguizmo, Willem Dafoe
- Running Time: 101 min
- MPAA Rating: R
- Official Website: JohnWickTheMovie.com
An ex-hitman (Keanu Reeves) comes out of retirement to track down the gangsters that took everything from him. With New York City as his bullet-riddled playground, “John Wick” is a fresh and stylized take on the “assassin genre.”
Watch John Wick Movie Trailers:
Bill Murray, Melissa McCarthy and Jaeden Lieberher star in the dramedy St. Vincent. Maggie’s (McCarthy) 12-year old son, Oliver (Lieberher) finds an unlikely friend and mentor in Vincent (Murray), the retired curmudgeon who lives next door.
- Release Date: October 10, 2014 (Limited; Wide Oct. 24)
- Studio: The Weinstein Company
- Genre: Comedy, Drama
- Director: Ted Melfi
- Screenwriter: Ted Melfi
- Cast: Bill Murray, Melissa McCarthy, Jaeden Lieberher, Naomi Watts, Chris O’Dowd
- Running Time: 1 hr. 43 min.
- MPAA Rating: (PG-13), for mature thematic material including sexual content, alcohol and tobacco use, and for language.
- Official Website: StVincent-Movie.com
In “St. Vincent,” Maggie (McCarthy), a single mother, moves into a new home in Brooklyn with her 12-year old son, Oliver (Lieberher). Forced to work long hours, she has no choice but to leave Oliver in the care of their new neighbor, Vincent (Murray), a retired curmudgeon with a penchant for alcohol and gambling. An odd friendship soon blossoms between the improbable pair. Together with a pregnant stripper named Daka (Watts), Vincent brings Oliver along on all the stops that make up his daily routine – the race track, a strip club, and the local dive bar. Vincent helps Oliver grow to become a man, while Oliver begins to see in Vincent something that no one else is able to: a misunderstood man with a good heart.
Watch St. Vincent Movie Trailers:
Ryan Potter, Scott Adsit and T.J. Miller voice Disney’s animated action comedy adventure, Big Hero 6. Robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada (Potter) and a plus-sized inflatable robot Baymax (Adsit) team up with a group of friends to form a band of high-tech heroes.
- Release Date: November 7, 2014 (2D, 3D, IMAX 3D)
- Studio: Walt Disney Animation Studios
- Genre: Animation, Action, Comedy, Adventure, Adaptation
- Director: Don Hall, Chris Williams
- Screenwriter: Don Hall
- Cast: Ryan Potter, Scott Adsit, T.J. Miller, Jamie Chung, Damon Wayans Jr., Genesis Rodriguez, Maya Rudolph, James Cromwell, Alan Tudyk, Daniel Henney
- Running Time: 1 hr. 45 min.
- MPAA Rating: PG for action and peil, some rude humoir, and thematic elements.
- Official Website: Disney.com/Big-Hero-6
Brilliant robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada finds himself in the grips of a criminal plot that threatens to destroy the fast-paced, high-tech city of San Fransokyo. With the help of his closest companion-a robot named Baymax-Hiro joins forces with a reluctant team of first-time crime fighters on a mission to save their city.
Watch Big Hero 6 Movie Trailers:
Diego Luna, Zoë Saldana and Channing Tatum star in the animated comedy The Book of Life. Manolo (Luna) embarks on an adventure that spans three fantastic worlds where he must face his greatest fears.
- Release Date: October 17, 2014 (2D, 3D)
- Studio: 20th Century Fox
- Genre: Animation, Adventure, Comedy
- Director: Jorge R. Gutierrez
- Screenwriter: Jorge R. Gutierrez
- Cast: Diego Luna, Zoë Saldana, Channing Tatum, Ice Cube, Ron Perlman, Christina Applegate, Cheech Marin, Placido Domingo, Gabriel Iglesias, Danny Trejo
- Running Time: 1 hr. 35 min.
- MPAA Rating: PG for mild action, rude humor, some thematic elements and brief scary images.
- Official Website: BookofLifeMovie.com
From producer Guillermo del Toro and director Jorge Gutierrez comes an animated comedy with a unique visual style. “The Book of Life” is the journey of Manolo, a young man who is torn between fulfilling the expectations of his family and following his heart. Before choosing which path to follow, he embarks on an incredible adventure that spans three fantastical worlds where he must face his greatest fears. Rich with a fresh take on pop music favorites, “The Book of Life” encourages us to celebrate the past while looking forward to the future.
Watch The Book of Life Movie Trailers:
Ben Affleck, Rosamund Pike and Tyler Perry star in David Fincher’s suspense thriller Gone Girl, based on Gillian Flynn’s bestselling novel. From director David Fincher (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Zodiac), Nick Dunne (Affleck) searches for his wife Amy (Pike), who disappeared on their fifth wedding anniversary, while he comes under police scrutiny as the prime suspect.
- Release Date: October 3, 2014
- Studio: 20th Century Fox
- Genre: Drama, Thriller, Adaptation
- Director: David Fincher
- Screenwriter: Gillian Flynn
- Cast: Ben Affleck, Rosamund Pike, Carrie Coon, Tyler Perry, Neil Patrick Harris, Kim Dickens, Patrick Fugit, David Clennon, Lisa Banes, Missi Pyle, Casey Wilson, Emily Ratajkowski, Sela Ward
- Running Time: 2 hrs. 25 min.
- MPAA Rating: R for a scene of bloody violence, some strong sexual content/nudity, and language.
- Official Website: GoneGirlMovie.com
GONE GIRL unearths the secrets at the heart of a modern marriage. On the occasion of his fifth wedding anniversary, Nick Dunne (Affleck) reports that his beautiful wife, Amy (Pike), has gone missing. Under pressure from the police and a growing media frenzy, Nick’s portrait of a blissful union begins to crumble. Soon his lies, deceits and strange behavior have everyone asking the same dark question: Did Nick Dunne kill his wife?
Watch Gone Girl Movie Trailers: